Our 2020 Deadline for submission of entries extended to Sep 30th 2020!
You are Invited to: “Shaping Peace Together” Festival
Every year Global Peace Alliance, now BC society, holds a multicultural festival and we acknowledge our yearly Art4Peace Literary and Visual Art contest winners. This is a big year as we celebrate the 75th anniversary of the UN and the International Day of Peace using their theme Shaping Peace Together. It is dedicated to fostering dialogue and collecting ideas on how to weather this pandemic, heal our planet and change it for the better. Love, friendship, family, forgiveness, kindness, equality, antiracism, demilitarization, saving our climate and more are needed to move forward humanity and its survival.
We are inviting artists and activists to participate this time in an online virtual peace festival which will be held two consecutive days in November 14, 15. We are looking for speakers, dancers, singers, sharing/showing of cultures along the above themes.
- Let us know as soon as possible if you would like to participate. Please include a short introduction, 2 lines as to who you are,
- the name of your performance, a short explanation of what you will be doing and a 2-3 minute video of your performance.
- If you would like someone to come and video your performance please advise and we can look for a location and follow social distancing.
- being non-profit our honorariums are $100/single to $ 200/group or more depending on size
Deadline for submission is September 30th, Please contact if more details needed:
CONTEST: Please share our contest to your contacts and friends. We extended the deadline to September 30th.
COMMUNIITY: If you know of a peace group, a community group or a cultural group that would like to participate and/or sponsor us with a donation please pass on this information.
VOLUNTEERS/Members: Looking forward to hearing from you,
Global Peace Alliance was started with the launch of a book A new Beginning for Humankind: A Recipe for Lasting Peace on Earth by RB Harath at a community forum on world peace. Key ideas included solutions to ending wars such as nuclear disarmament, ending superpower policing, reforming the UN, conflict resolution and lastly and more importantly subduing the enemies of peace within ourselves. GPA is non-profit, run by directors Asad Syed, Niovi Patsicakis, Furquan Gehlen, Maryam Boukherbani, Rajesh JayaPrakrash, AnnieOhana, Patrick O’Connor and David Gill. We welcome more directors.
- May everyone care for the needs of others and share what is available in a more equitable manner!
- May no one take vengeance for past wrongs of others!
- May everyone always act responsibly in a trustworthy and reliable manner!
- May everyone appreciate the wellbeing and happiness of all humans, just as one’s own – irrespective of race, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, language, religion, culture, or ideology.
Niovi Patsicakis, M.Ed. McGill President
Global Peace Alliance, BC Society
PMB#235 800-15355 24th Avenue Surrey, BC. V4A2H9
“”Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Do not become bitter or hostile. Be hopeful, be optimistic, never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble. We will find a way to make a way out of no way.” John Lewis.