World of lasting peace –trusting on the power of reason, justice, democracy, economic equity and environmental integrity – where humans celebrate their diversity, respect their common values, and resolve their inevitable conflicts by non-violent means.
To empower people and their educational, cultural and other grassroots networks everywhere to build and sustain a culture of peace for generations to come.
- To educate children, youth and adults about the dynamics of conflict and promote an atmosphere of lasting peace by spreading skills and practices of peacemaking through especially designed courses, seminars, campaigns, multi-cultural events of mutual interest and other means.
- To update knowledge base on peace-building by conducting research, liaising with other peace building organizations and finding mutual support.
- To establish and operate a resource website for peace builders, scholars and organization & students and general readers interested in peace and security, world affairs, politics, military affairs, wars, and history.
- To provide newcomers with friendship and support services, via various activities and events to ease themselves into Canadian culture and life.
- To bring communities together to promote understanding and find commonalities to fight discrimination and racism. To that end establish intercultural exchanges among the diverse citizens of Surrey with varied themes such as customs, food, scholarly study, games, literature.
- To provide similar and related services as determined by the membership