World of lasting peace –trusting on the power of reason, justice, democracy, economic equity and environmental integrity – where humans celebrate their diversity, respect their common values, and resolve their inevitable conflicts by non-violent means.
To empower people and their educational, cultural and other grassroots networks everywhere to build and sustain a culture of peace for generations to come.
- To educate children, youth and adults about the dynamics of conflict and promote an atmosphere of lasting peace by spreading skills and practices of peacemaking through especially designed courses, seminars, campaigns, multicultural events of mutual interest and other means.
- To update knowledge base on peace-building by conducting research studies and policy analysis.
- To establish and operate a resource library for peace builders, scholars and organizations & students and general readers interested in peace.
- To provide refugees in need with education, counseling, and other support services, including language instruction, employment training, job search programs, translation services, and information programs on Canadian culture and life.
- To provide similar and related services as determined by the membership